12.04.2005

First day on snow, this fall - Vihti 2005

Ok, finally we had some snow where here. And I even managed to squeeze a few hours on skiing in midst of school-work. So I headed for the biggest molehill around Helsinki, called Vihti Ski.


As this was the first day on snow this season, I decided to go out with misery-sticks, ie. my fjelltouring skis. And as I had guessed the skiing was "interesting" and really pointed out how much more efficient and easier modern gear is on hard slopes. I think I managed to do a run or two without falling or resorting to gorilla turns. but I had fun, and that was the most important thing...


Oh, and they also had a test-day, so I also lugged my AT-boots along and did two runs with Salomon Streetracer 10's. I was a blast, as I haven't really locked my heels in say 14 years (well, to be honest I have skied with my AT-rig a few days but it really doesn't count).



The local molehill, only one run open. With enormous 84 m of vert. Of and did I mention that the slope was really hard (not ice, but pretty damn near).



And this was my rig for the day, Madshus Vidda (48 mm in the middle) with Rotte 3-pins. Most of the time I used those old Guida's, but did two runs with CXR's and they were too stiff (go figure ;-)).



And this would be me, after 2 h of skiing, beat up, but happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home