5.26.2005

Summerskiing in Stryn at the end of May, Norway - 2005

Well, I really couldn't leave it all to those three teasers, could I? So here's some stoke from Stryn, with a few fellow TTipsters.



Snowblower clearing the parkinglot at Stryn Sommarski.



That would be me bootbacking up, somewhere near Speedski.



And here's Tor-Inge, on that same bootback.



And Tor-Inge coming down Speedski, atleast that's what we think the line is called.



And here's me eyeing the line, before committing.



After that run, we desided to ski back to the main road. What's that groove next to Tor-Inge, well that's the road to the Summerski center.



And here's Tor-Inge trying to catch a ride. Fat chance at that, we ended up slogging almost all the way back (~6 km) and only got a ride when we had less than 2 km left.



My luxury accommodation at Folven Camping, the following morning. We were waiting for Mario to get here.



When Mario got there, we headed up towards the pass again. Here's Mario and Tor-Inge hiking on the closed access road to the Summerski center.



As me and Tor-Inge were a bit beat-up from the previous day's slog-fest and Mario from his long drive, we opted for a short tour not far from the closed gate. Didn't end up skinning all that high either, maybe ~600 m of vert. Here's Tor-Inge at our break/turn-around point.



Here's Mario checking his line, there were some big glide-cracks on the slope... And that snake in the background, well that would be the access-road.



And that would be me, after stumbling on myself at the bottom of the run. Just in front of two cameras...



The following day Tor-Inge desided to keep a restday, but Mario and I drove all the way to the Summerski Center. Here's Mario, with ~4m high snow walls.



The first long break was held at the upper platform of that chairlift.About in the center of the pic is Speedski (well to be presice, it's just slightly to left, a big couloir between the rocky outcrops).



And here's Mario skinning somewhere. Oh, the lower lift was running that day and we got a free ride, although the snow was really gloggy.



And this would be me, walking back to the car. At this point the walls were around 6 m high, but the snowplower-driver said they maxed at 9 m.



The last skiing day was spent climbing and skiing Skåla, some 1800 m high, with roughly 1200 m in vert of snow. Here's the team ready to rumble.



And this is somewhere below 600 m, as we are not on snow.



First real break, at roughly 900 m. Nice scenery, though a bit cloudy.



Higher up, we went into the coulds. But the sun came out occationally.



Near the top, it was pretty warm at this point with the sun and all.



Another scenic stoke at maybe around 1700 m.



Did I mention, I got sunburns on my thighs. I also managed to burn my nostrils...



That would be the top of Skåla, well not really but close enough. The real top is rouhgly 200m away, but only 2 m higher. Skålatårnet was good enough for us.



Here's me drinking some expensive tee inside Skålatårnet. Oh, did I say it was a two storey tower. Hint: look at the previous picture...



On the way down we managed to find some good snow, here's Mario.



And me.



And Tor-Inge.


Photocredits to Tor-Inge, Mario and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home